Skills East Sussex (SES) is the county’s strategic body for employment and skills. The group aims to drive an improvement in local employment and skills in order to increase economic prosperity in East Sussex. Using a firm evidence base, it agrees and sets priorities, and provides direction for the county’s approach to employment and skills.
SES has identified a number of sectors and issues where it wants to make a difference by working together. SES is committed to improving the delivery of skills for the engineering, construction, health and social care, creative, digital and media , visitor economy and land-based sectors.
The priorities for these growth sectors as outlined in the Skills East Sussex Activity Plan are:
1) Improving the quality and relevance of Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance for people of all ages
2) Helping young people become ready for the world of employment
3) Addressing gender imbalance in employment and study in key industries/sectors
4) Making sure that the curriculum is shaped by employers wherever there is scope for this to be done
5) Helping to stimulate the uptake of Apprenticeships and higher level skills and learning
East Sussex County Council has commissioned research into the priority growth sectors and job roles for East Sussex.
More labour market information can be seen on The East Sussex in Figures (ESIF) website.
For further information on SES and East Sussex County Council's Employability and Skills strategies please click here.