Providing careers guidance
- The Career Development Institute’s Guide to Best Practice and Commissioning Independent Career Guidance Services. It includes advice on best practice as well as support on how to commission external support if you need to source an external careers professional.
- The Careers and Enterprise Company’s What Works in Personal Guidance has a summary of the key research on best practice in careers guidance.
Supporting learners with special educational needs to succeed
- The SEND Community of Practice has designed two Vocational Profiles, unique to East Sussex. Vocational Profiles can be used in both Secondary and Post 16 settings to enable students to identify and develop their skills and capabilities, and to communicate them to others.
- Read through this 'Aide Memoir' created by The Education People to find out about the history of Vocational Profiling and how Vocational Profiles can be used:
- Vocational Profiles being utilised to meet the Gatsby Benchmarks is also referenced in the Careers and Enterprise SEND Gatsby Benchmark Toolkit.
- A handy crib sheet introduction to Vocational Profiles.
- An introductory lesson plan to a Vocational Profile to be delivered to young people with resources.
Help with Gatsby Benchmark 8
Ask your Enterprise Coordinator and Enterprise Adviser for further advice and consult the Careers and Enterprise Company's resource directory.