Looking for an apprenticeship or job with training, paying at least £12,000 per year?
The Moving on Up project is designed to support those in temporary, emergency, supported or refuge accommodation, or at risk of homelessness to upskill or make a career change. You can apply for Moving on Up support whether you are in work and looking to change roles or you are job searching.
Support you'll receive:
- A dedicated mentor –a mentor will work with you, offering impartial careers, information and guidance support; you will be supported to create an employment action plan and signposted to fully funded training as well as employment opportunities.
- A bursary – your mentor will help you identify any barriers you currently face to finding work; the Moving on Up bursary pot will be accessed to support one off costs to help you. For example, funding a mobile phone if you don’t have one, the cost of train travel to college or clothes for a job interview.
- Free training – depending on your action plan you might be signposted to fully funded training opportunities. This could include learning new skills to support your job search activities or specific technical skills required to find work in a new sector.
- Job opportunities – you will be signposted to Moving on Up apprenticeships and job opportunities. These are job vacancies vetted by our team and guaranteed to pay a minimum of £12,000 per year. Your mentor will complete ‘better off’ calculations with you so you can understand how your finances will work once you are in work.
- Rent incentive – to help you secure permanent accommodation, once you have transitioned to paid work you can access a generous housing bursary for a rental deposit and contribution towards your first month’s rent.
To apply for a place in the Moving on Up project speak to your Key Worker or accommodation provider or email: firstname.lastname@example.org